I get it.
Women say a lot of things that you fellas aren’t always super interested in or may not particularly want to hear. I got it. However, I’m speaking on behalf of my ladies this time. So, let’s jump right in. Here are 8 things women never want to hear you say and why.
- “I don’t know.” No matter what the question is, the last answer a woman wants to hear is that you don’t know because to most women, it means you didn’t even think about the question and therefore you don’t care. For example, when we change our hairstyle or make extra efforts to be great for you, DO NOT say you don’t know if you like it or not. We need a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer from you about these things. We really care about how you think we look.
- “I don’t care.” The only thing worse than telling a woman you don’t know is telling her OUT LOUD that you don’t care. It’s super frustrating to most women because we wouldn’t ask you the question if we didn’t want you to care. Not to mention that this answer has a 97% chance of making you look like a major asshole depending on the question being asked.
- “What’s up with your friend?” Listen clearly, fellas. If a woman doesn’t purposely introduce you to her friends and lets you know which ones are single, she’s pretty much saying “do it yourself” or “their off limits.” Period. If you want to get to know her friends, then go over there and do just that. Asking a woman to “put in a good word for you” is in the same boat. Call it what you want, but we don’t want you to ask us to hook you up with our friends. Sorry, not sorry.
- “Why do you have on all that makeup?” It’s no secret that makeup can be somewhat transforming, so I get the concerns you fellas might have when it comes to women wearing a lot of makeup. However, don’t fail to realize that women wear makeup because it makes us look and feel good. No, we don’t need it… but we like it. We understand that you love us in our natural state, but just think of it as an enhancer. We’re not wearing it because we feel ugly without it, we just KNOW we look amazing with it.
- “Is that what you’re wearing?” First of all, it probably took her about an hour or two to get extra sexy for wherever it is you two are going and as she comes out of the room feeling like a million dollars, you steal her glory by asking if that is what she is choosing to wear. Now, it’s totally fine to not like it, but don’t question it… just let her know how you feel about it. Especially if you love what she has on. Tell her how sexy she looks. Women need to hear these things.
- Almost anything you can say about another woman. Yes, we know you can’t help your eyes… we know that no matter who we think we are, there is always going to be someone who looks better than us. That’s just the reality of it all. Nevertheless, women DO NOT want to hear you point that out. Yes, most women will say they don’t care if their guy compliments another female, but don’t get carried away. We don’t want you pointing out all hone-ups ups’ on us.
- That you just want to be friends. This is another one of those things that we women say we can handle, but in all reality, it hurts. We generally figure out way early on whether or not we “like-like” you and as soon as we do figure that out, we’re doing everything we can to make sure the feeling is mutual. So for you to come out and say that you just want to be friends–dagger through our heart. Seriously. Nevertheless, I’d much rather you go ahead and tell me that than to lead me on, so kudos to you if you’re man enough to let her know how you feel.
- That you’re not ready for commitment. Just like saying you just want to be friends, this is a dagger through the heart of the woman who has been being faithful to you in hopes of some long-term commitment between the two of you. When you say you’re not ready for commitment all we hear is that we’ve wasted our time and we’re not good enough for you. Again, this is one of those things though that although it hurts to hear, it needs to be said if that’s truly the way you feel.
- That we’re too good for you. While this may very well be the honest truth, it’s like a damn slap in the face to hear that you think we deserve better than you when we’ve made it clear that YOU are OUR CHOICE. What most of us are hoping is that we won’t forcibly change you, but that we can love you to a point where you choose to improve yourself for the betterment of the relationship. So, no, we don’t want you to tell us that we deserve better than you or that we’re too good for you because what that means to most of us is that you’re not willing to improve yourself enough to be what we deserve.
I’m sure that I can continue on with a few more things women never want to hear you say, but we’ll leave it at this for now. I want to say that I completely respect an honest man and while I’ve said that these are things women never want to hear from you, it doesn’t mean that sometimes these are things that women need to hear. Just don’t forget that delivery really helps with how the message is received, fellas!