If I had a dollar for every time I wrote a love letter I didn’t send, I wouldn’t be freelancing for a living… here’s a few you can borrow if you’re ever at a loss for words.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. The only place I want to be is right here with you.
- I never would have imagined that I could be this happy in such a short amount of time. Whether we make it to the end of next week or the end of time, I’m glad I had the opportunity to be yours.
- I smile every single time I think about you. Every. Damn. Time.
- This is just a note to say thank you. Thank you for the sweet gestures. Thank you for putting up with my occasional shitty attitude and bratty ways. Thank you for being you. I love you.
- I’m sitting here trying to figure out how the hell I let you get away from me. Love can be such a scary thing when it’s deep and passionate. While I’m glad to see you happy, losing you will always be one of my biggest regrets. Hopefully, the cosmos will align us together sometime in another lifetime.
- I know we are still in the honeymoon phase, but I love the giddy feeling I get just from the mention of your name. I love talking about you. I love talking to you. I love the way you make me ugly laugh. I. Just. Love. You.
- There are a million things I wish I would have said to you before we fell apart. I was just angry because I wanted so bad for us to make it as close to forever as we possibly could. I’m thankful for the memories we’ve made together. I hold them close to my heart as long as I live.
- It wasn’t really love at first sight for me like you said it was for you, but slowly but surely you crept your way into my heart and I don’t ever want that to change. The very things that used to bug the hell out of me are now the very things I never want to live without. You make my heart sing, weirdo. Thank you for being you.
- I’ll never change to make you happy, but I promise to constantly work on me so that I can continue to be a better, wiser version of the ‘me’ that you fell in love with. You bring out the best in me and I’m so thankful for that.
- There are a billion and one people on the planet and of all of them, my soul can’t let go of you.
This article was originally written by Editor-in-chief of Prime Fifty-Two, Isis Nezbeth, and can also be seen on Thought Catalog.